EXCLUSIVE WITH GOSPEL ARTIST ; BUNMI OLAKIIGBE AKA AFIN ARA


EXCLUSIVE WITH GOSPEL ARTIST ; BUNMI OLAKIIGBE AKA AFIN ARA 






Good day everyone , with me , on our inspirational series ; INTERVIEW SEGEMENTS WITH ATJ  
is the gospel artiste Bunmi Olakiigbe  who is popularly known as Afin Ara ! Trust me today's interview session is going to leave you fully inspired ! Over  to you Sir , Can you briefly introduce yourself to our audience ?

AFIN ARA: Yeah thank you. My name is Olubunmi Olakiigbe and I'm known in the music industry  as Afin Ara. By the Grace of God I'm a gospel artiste.

ATJ: And may God keep empowering you in being that sir , so sir, could you take us on a short journey through your background  ?

AFIN ARA: Alright ma'am! I was born and bred  in Lagos but I hail from Owo lga in Ondo state, i am from a family of six of which I'm the eldest. I attended Ire Akari Estate Model Primary School,  Isolo Lagos from there I proceeded to Ire Akari Grammar School, Okota, Lagos and I finished at Ejigbo High School, Ejigbo Lagos. I got admitted into Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile Ife, Osun State to study Music and it was in O.A.U that I got my name Afin Ara.

ATJ: Wow, that sounds quite steady and inspiring, so you actually studied music?I think that's what brings about the uniqueness in your music. So when  actually did your music career start and how was your first time on stage ?

AFIN ARA: I started music from the church at a very tender age. And I can say my music career started in the year 2005 , that was way back in school. You see, my first time on stage, I mean real stage, was in April 2002 when the late Roland Olubukola Olomola a.k.a Baba Ara came for a show in my school. There the M.C of the show said if there was anybody who could sing any of Baba Ara's song  should come out. I didn't want to but my friends pushed me out and that was it. I didn't only sing his song, I mimed him, lol. And students came to drop money for me and the money really came at a good time, you know. Lol
That night  I got my name and since then it has stuck on me like rubber to a glue.

ATJ: Smiles...now we know where the Ara came from,I'm sure many did wonder about that like I did. Lol...and I'm sure many other things changed from that day ? Right?


AFIN ARA: Many that I can't count. I have God to thank for everything

ATJ: Smiles,Thank God. How has the journey been so far, what was the most disappointing phase of it all and how did you handle the situations that came your way?

AFIN ARA: So far so good, I have not had any real disappointment in this music journey of mine. Every profession has its ups and downs truly but they are the hurdles I crossed to where I am today. I've never for one day regretted it o!

ATJ: Yes, you are on point with that sir, every profession has its ups and downs. Now coming to the big news sir! We heard from a reliable source that you were abroad at particular time ,heard your travelling was related to your music career, how true is that sir, can you clear the air .


AFIN ARA: Hmmmm! Yes it is related to my career. And it didn't come through easily but with focus and determination plus hard work too.
 And as I speak with you I'm in the United States for another round of tour that will take me to some states here in America.

ATJ: Wow...that's great! We are so proud of you sir and i am sure  the celestial family too is, i sure know you are representing them  well over there ! . So any regrets so far sir, and who are the artists you've actually been opportune to perform with so far, and which do you look forward to working  with in the nearest future?

AFIN ARA: Hmmm! As I said earlier I have no regrets so far. I've performed alongside various antistes in the secular and gospel music world notable among them is Tope Alabi, Biyi Samuel (Igi Aruwe), Prince Devo Ojubuyi, Lekan Remilekun Amos, Samson Adekambi (Sammy P), to mention but a few. And I look forward to working with Mike Abdul, Sonnie Badu and one of my voice mentors, Bode Zannu.

ATJ: Wow, those are great artists you mentioned , I'm sure than will happen soon . we look forward to that sir. So sir, what advise do you have for upcoming gospel  artists out there ?

AFIN ARA: My advise to upcoming gospel artiste is to put God first in all they do and to never give up on their dreams.
And above all humility is the watchword

ATJ: Humility is the watch word ! Hmmm... That's deep. Thank you sir for sharing your online time with us, its been great having you here, you've been a point of motivation to many today and I am sure you will continue being that through your God given talent . It was nice having a celebrity here , thank you once again Afin Ara, we look foward to doing more greater things with you in the nearest future . Thank you Sir !

AFIN ARA : It's my pleasure ma'am
###

IF YOU WOULD LIKE TO FEATURE ON OUR PUBLICITY PACKAGE , 
KINDLY CONTACT US VIA EMAIL- alakatobiloba@yahoo.com OR 
SMS/CALL - 07054715629

Comments

Popular Posts